virtual memory problems with Linux 2.4.5

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Jun 12 10:23:26 CDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Marcus Meissner wrote:

> Could you please apply following check to configure.in, then do:
> 	autoconf
> 	rm config.cache
> 	./configure
>
> and check whether mmap64 detects as 'no' and check the output of config.log ?
>
> Ciao, Marcus

Hmmm, here is all ./configre says about mmap:

checking for mmap in -lmmap... no
checking whether mmap64 works defined as mmap... yes
checking for mmap... yes

Here is config.log on the subject:

configure:5108: checking whether mmap64 works defined as mmap
configure:5150: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lncurses -lm  -lutil -ldl 1>&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:5133: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
configure:5138: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
configure:5178: checking for gcc strength-reduce bug

I am not sure however that I have exactly Mike's bug.  It sounded the
same from his description but I haven't done a conclusive test yet.

Lawson
---cut here---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.