Latest Wine changes make DXGrab unusable

Jukka Heinonen jhei at iki.fi
Tue Jun 12 13:02:58 CDT 2001

> So if you see problems that are not listed here, you have to report
> them or they won't get fixed before the release.

Well, if reporting a bug helps getting it fixed...

DXGrab no longer works. If DXGrab is enabled, full-screen applications
stop getting mouse events. If I understand how GrabPointer works,
this is because Wine threads have their own connections
to xserver and after grab only one connection can get pointer
events. I could be wrong, though: I haven't had time to properly
debug the situation.

Obviously this bug is not a very high priority one.
It makes me wonder if everybody else is using XFree 4.0, though.
(Or not playing games with Wine :)

--
Jukka Heinonen <http://www.iki.fi/jhei/>