Use the libreadline in Winedbg, if available

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jun 18 12:28:31 CDT 2001

    >> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 04:10:14PM +0200, Uwe Bonnes wrote: > Hallo,
    >> >
    >> > at present, wine uses unconditionally a self supplied readline >
    >> function. Appended patch tries to find out if libreadline is
    >> available > and uses libreadline if available. I configured with and
    >> without > libreadline and successfully compiled winedbg on my system.
    >> > libreadline is a static library on my system and winedbg grew 90
    >> kByte > stripped and 110 kByte compiled with -g.
    >>
    >> You are not allowed to link readline aganst non GPL code to my
    >> knowledge.

    Patrik> No, it is enough that it is GPL compatible which the Wine
    Patrik> license is.

    Patrik> Whether we should is another matter though. Just linking it to
    Patrik> the debugger is rather harmless IMHO though.

License issues apart, I did following silly things:
- revive an old patch untested (it doesn't work)
- didn't look at the available code ( it seems to have all the needed
framework).

So I'll first try to make the available code do the things I want ( react on
the arrow keys without spitting out something like "^[[A")

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de