Problems loading mingw32 binaries (latest CVS)

Vedran Rodic vedran at quark.fsb.hr
Sat Jun 23 07:27:20 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 01:18:35PM +0200, Vedran Rodic wrote:
> Hello
>
> It seems that some recent change (post 20010510) prevents binaries made with
> mingw32 (at least with my mingw32 linux cross-compiler) to load.
>
> The error message is:
> err:module:map_image Could not map section .text, file probably truncated
> wine: can't exec 'a.exe': error=21
>
> I've put one such binary and the source at:
> http://quark.fsb.hr/vedran/wine
>
> Debian wine version 0.0.20010510-3 loads the binary fine.

Found the problem:

unaligned_mmap() in memory/virtual.c

It seems that this is one more problem that happens when using gcc -O3.
gcc -O2 produces code that loads a.exe without problems.
 Strangely, gcc-3.0 -O3 works just fine too.
So it just might be a bug in gcc 2.95.4.

But, another thing, that program should make circle shaped window, but it
makes a circle shaped window with upper and left edges cut a bit.

I guess more bugs to chase:)

Vedran