configure.in patch

Andreas Mohr a.mohr at mailto.de
Tue Jun 26 15:17:28 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 08:43:22PM +0900, Bang Jun-Young wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 11:42:07AM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> > The reason we check for 'flex' again is that the standard check sets LEX
> > to 'lex' even if none is found, which lead to confusion during compile.
> >
> > Our check is similar, but it finds out if 'lex' is present and aborts
> > configure if not.
>
> Another question: why doesn't it doublecheck for yacc? There may
> be a system that doesn't have any parser installed by default and
> at least one of yacc, byacc, and bison should be installed to
> compile.
Just for reference - I had this very problem just yesterday with some guy.
Nearly nothing installed:
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for flex... (cached) flex

configure didn't abort, and compile "crashed" at wrc:
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/daniel/tmp/wine/tools/wrc'
yacc  -bppy -ppp -d -t ./ppy.y
make[2]: yacc: Command not found
make[2]: *** [ppy.tab.c] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/tmp/wine/tools/wrc'
make[1]: *** [wrc/__depend__] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/tmp/wine/tools'
make: *** [tools/__depend__] Error 2
Command exited with non-zero status 2

-> not good.

--> good if this patch fixes it.