Speeding up wineserver syncronization objects with shared memory

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Wed Mar 7 19:11:13 CST 2001

Gavriel State <gav at transgaming.com> writes:

> Looking at the kernel sources, it appears to be page-alignment, not
> filesystem block size that mmap needs to match.  Rereading old wine-devel
> archives, it appears that the notion that the filesystem block size is
> involved is either from a very old kernel, or a misreading of some kernel
> comments.

Page alignment is needed for the address in memory, not for the offset
inside the file on disk; since section virtual addresses in PE files
are always page-aligned the memory address is never a problem. The
only problem comes from the alignment of the data inside the PE file,
and this is where we only need block-size alignment to make mmap
possible.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com