building wine-20010305

Andreas Mohr a.mohr at mailto.de
Mon Mar 26 00:31:59 CST 2001

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 05:54:17PM -0800, furlan at telocity.com wrote:
> On Sun, 25 March 2001, "Dmitry Timoshkov" wrote:
>

> > "Igor" <furlan at telocity.com> wrote:
> >
> > > ../include/winbase.h:1917: parse error before `!'
> > > make[3]: *** [loadorder.o] Error 1
> >
> > Did you look at that place? What is there?
>
>   everything is fine there
>

> > For me, there is only single '!' sign in the include/winbase.h at line 1759:
> > #define   HasOverlappedCompleted(lpOverlapped) ((lpOverlapped)->Internal != STATUS_PENDING)
> >
> > Are you sure, that you have downloaded not broken archive?
>
> Prior to my post to the wine-devel I dovnoladed wine 3 times... and I got always different  build errors..
>
> Finally I succeeded by continously repeating "make"..
> After every "make"  I came further...
>
>   so..the conclusion is:  I have some problems
>   with hard disk, RAM or "something_else"...
Ouch !!
That surely sounds like big trouble to me...
Install the memtest package/program and run it !

And make sure that you don´t have any DMA problems or similar with
your IO chipset !!
(check your hdparm configuration just in case !)

>    WINE  is just fine !!
:-)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.germany.net/100-30936/