Nasty Wine/kernel bug, anyone?

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 26 14:33:52 CST 2001

> >   PID WCHAN
> >  2531 down
>
> Great :-(  Now the interesting thing would be to know *which*
> semaphore this is waiting on ...
>
> I'd really like to see a kernel stack backtrace on this.  However,
> there doesn't appear to be an easy way to do so ...

    I was pretty sure this was going to be a fun one...

> > > Hmm.  Could you try getting a Wine trace (especially the server/
> > > client interaction)?
> >
> > ftp://wine.codeweavers.com/pub/other/outlook-server.out.gz
> > (about 160K).
>
> Is this from the same run as above?   I.e. is the process
> with pid 2531 part of this trace?

    Yes.

> B.t.w. the trace appears to show that you pressed ^C to
> terminate the process.  Does the symptom (processes in state D)
> show *before* you press ^C or only afterwards?

    I'm nearly certain that I see the process show up as
run state 'D' prior to pressing ^C, but I may be wrong.
I tend to notice this problem, of course, only after
pressing ^C and trying to do a killall.  I'll poke around
a bit more (sorry for not reproducing this more quickly;
since it tends to cost me a reboot and a lengthy fsck to
repair, I'm a little slow to iterate the test cycles <g>).

    Jer