Duplicated StrRetToStr functions in shell32

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Nov 1 18:50:03 CST 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Guy L. Albertelli wrote:

> Francois,
>
> The reason that these routines were duplicated is that the builtin shell32
> cannot find StrRetToBuf{A|W} in some of the native versions of shlwapi.dll.
> This dependency prohibited testing with builtin vs. native shlwapi.
>
> The change was submitted to winehq about 8/28 and committed soon thereafter.

   Aaaah. Ok.

   Then I suggest that we add a comment in the source that says so, in
both the shell32 and shlwapi implementations. This way when one
implementation is updated the others acutally have a chance of being
updated too.

                         "Utilisateur" (nom commun) :
        Mot utilisé par les informaticiens en lieu et place d'"idiot".