Yet again: audio.c stuff

Simon Britnell ughbash at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 00:40:31 CST 2001

I've posted a substantial patch to audio.c which
reorganises the code to make it a little easier to
follow.  It's been tested against HomeWorld and
HalfLife.  It works against homeworld with
MIN_SLEEP_TIME 100, but not with MIN_SLEEP_TIME <=50.
Feel free to set MIN_SLEEP_TIME to 0 to remove the
minimum sleep time.

The other thing the patch does is makes notifications
dependant on bytes played rather than time elapsed.

Should be a win overall.  I'm still having no luck
with tracking the actual race condition which causes
HomeWorld to fail.

I've not tried the patch you sent to fix the callback
notification problem yet.  I'll let you know when I do.