SystemParametersInfo

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 12:02:32 CST 2001

--- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.com> wrote:
> Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > I'm going to initialize system parameters from X
> > settings only on the first wine process startup,
> so
> > all other wine processes for the same wine server
> can
> > see the changes made by the first process.
>
> The X settings should probably be loaded lazily just
> like the
> rest. Just check if the registry key exists already
> to find out if you
> need to get the value from X.

Changed system parameters won't be reset back to X
settings?

> Another possibility is to have the X driver set the
> registry values on
> startup; this may actually be cleaner since then you
> don't need to add
> new calls to the USER driver. Also I'm not convinced
> there are many
> cases where we actually need to get proper values
> from X; what cases
> do you have in mind?

I was going to work in that direction because this is
what we came to in the last our conversation.

I don't have any problem in isolating most of system
parameters/metrics from X settings.

One case which comes to mind when such integration
would be useful is system parameter which shows
whether mouse buttons are swapped. Left-handed person
can configure mouse after he ran Wine the first time,
or the settings can be changed temporarily. We need a
way to find out the system setting was changed and
don't rely on saved value.

Andriy