linking in .lib files

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Nov 7 20:07:04 CST 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Chris Dawson wrote:

> Is it possible to link in .lib files using winelib and winemaker?  If
> possible, what switch do I give winemaker?  My application when compiled
> under Windows linked in a .lib file and I would rather not modify the source
> code.  I've tried using the -l switch, but this is obviously only for *nix
> libraries even when compiling with winelib.  Or, other suggestions to
> resolve all the undefined reference errors?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Chris

I think you don't need to link the .lib files.  let winemaker generate
the .spec file and it will generate code to do what the .lib files do in
windose.  I think.  I am not much on windose, but I like winemaker.
Your app can just call the functions it wants, and winemaker generates
code to take care of the LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress and stuff that
the .lib does, I think.

Lawson
---oof---