Regression errors

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at voila.fr
Mon Nov 12 06:08:01 CST 2001

> At 11:06 AM 10/11/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> >Thanks Gerard. I will try it Tuesday. Going out of town till then.
>
> Well, I have advanced a bit this weekend. I noticed that one of my
> test app does indeed show this regression after the patch we are talking
> about.
>
> As the case is a lot more simple than the one I was trying to debug
> before for this problem, I have been able to understand better what
> is happening. The problem shows itself in the following case :
>
> - invalidating a window
> - hiding it
> - deleting it
IIRC, before the big window overhaul (when paint count was attached to each window), when a window was hidden, its paint count wasn't set to 0
(or when the window was actually shown, its paint count wasn't set to 1).
This lead to some painting errors... I don't know if this is fully related (and I didn't follow closely the new window stuff), but it may be related...
in case this helps...

A+
Eric Pouech
(http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eric.pouech/)