[RFC]: Overlapped I/O implementation

Mike McCormack mike_mccormack at start.com.au
Wed Nov 14 03:59:50 CST 2001

Hi Martin,

>However, I assume you have had good reasons to abaondon the old
>server-centric implementation, so I'm reluctant to go that way.

Not really. The main reason i did it was because the server is slow
and clunky and i thought i'd be able to squeeze a bit of extra
performance out of the code by putting it in the client.

The best starting point for solving the problems you describe is to
revert my patch that put async I/O in the client. i'll even do it if
you like...

Now who said that premature optimization is the root of all evil? :-)

Mike

mailto:Mike_McCormack at start.com.au
ph +82 16 430 0425