Patches for FreeBSD 5.x compilation

Christoph Hellwig hch at ns.caldera.de
Mon Nov 19 15:02:54 CST 2001

In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0111191205010.11125-100000 at amboise.dolphin> you wrote:
>    I guess that one day Alexandre is going to argue that Linux should
> stop polluting the namespace with 'struct user'... Actually something
> similar also happened not very long ago with 'struct option', another
> good struct name to put in a system header!

Linux doesn't have struct user.  It uses a combinded struct task_struct
for that what struct user & struct proc do on traditional Unix versions
(minus uglinesses like u_error, u_off & co).

The content of <sys/user.h> is provided by glibc just for a number of
broken userspace apps like e.g. gdb.

	Christoph

P.S. Yes, I really wonder why gbd can't use a private include..