winsock2.h

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Nov 20 10:04:59 CST 2001

Good day!

To try debugging techniques for winelib apps, I had in mind to make a
winelib app with an intentional segment fault, and found that _my_
winelib app will no longer compile.  (gcc-2.95.3, glibc-2.2.3, current
wine CVS).  Please, it needs unistd.h so it can comfortably log to
syslog.  running winemaker on it again didn't help.

checking for wrc... /usr/local/bin/wrc
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Make.rules
creating Makefile
creating launcher

Configure finished.  Do 'make' to build the project.

[whit at giftie wlp]$ make
gcc -c -g -O2 -fPIC  -D_REENTRANT -DWINELIB  -I.  -I/usr/local/include/wine -o t
oj2.o toj2.c
In file included from /usr/local/include/wine/winsock2.h:30,
                 from /usr/local/include/wine/windows.h:39,
                 from toj2.h:29,
                 from toj2.c:19:
/usr/local/include/wine/winsock.h:886: conflicting types for `gethostname'
/usr/include/unistd.h:734: previous declaration of `gethostname'
make: *** [toj2.o] Error 1
[whit at giftie wlp]$

I would be glad of a bit of advice thanks,

Lawson

Constants aren't, and variables won't.