Pajama Sam 2 and other games

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at voila.fr
Tue Oct 16 14:19:13 CDT 2001

regarding the sound issues, there still may be some races in the buffer playback. however, there's no specification of sound latency under windows (how many buffers shall be queued in advance to ensure proper playback...). So, there's no guarantee on Wine right now of the latency to expect (in fact, I assume that wine's latency may be higher that Windows one, however I didn't check it). Which means that some program may run fine under windows and have some "holes" in their playback under wine. However, what's less understandable is that the program hangs (or at least doesn't provide any new sound)
could run the program with -debugmsg +wave,+mmsys
and send me the compreseed output.
(BTW, if you want to look at the code, it's in dlls/winmm/wineoss/audio.c)

A+
Eric Pouech
(http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eric.pouech/)
The future will be better tomorrow,