pe format

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Sep 2 11:16:29 CDT 2001

tiago r wrote:
> From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com>
>
> > tiago r wrote:
> > > i know this doesn't got direct link with wine development, but i was wondering if someone has a complete reference of the portable executable format including BOUND_IMPORT_DIRECTORY description.
> >
> > google finds
> > http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/hardware/PECOFF.htm
> > http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/356/11/1.html
> > http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/publink/winresdump/winresdump/doc/pefile.html
> > http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/publink/winresdump/winresdump/doc/pefile2.html
>
> In fact all of this (and other) documents describe the pe format but none of them describe the BOUND_IMPORT_DIR.

Hmm.  Searching for BOUND_IMPORT with google yields two links:
http://www.radsoft.net/gallery/bv/
http://members.internettrash.com/astalalista/ac/pe_tut2.html
plus one hit on groups.google.com (a guy doing a minimal hello_world.exe
mentioned it).

Maybe try asking on comp.lang.asm.x86, or some microsoft group...
- Dan

--
"I have seen the future, and it licks itself clean." -- Bucky Katt