Quicktime 5.0.x / XVideo usage

Matthias Dahl matthew2k at web.de
Thu Sep 20 06:03:16 CDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 09:57:46AM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:

[... WINE DIRECT DRAW BUILTIN SUPPORT ...]
> It works better with my patch, thats why I did it ;)
 Strange. The builtin support just causes trouble here - and is way too slow.
 Even though the picture quality is somewhat better with it. *sigh*

> No. If you use ddraw=n it will (I think) not use DDRAW, but fall back to use
> DIB Sections.
 Right. And that results in windows-like performance - with the known problems
 I have stated earlier.

> Builtin. The native version of DDRAW does not work to my knowledge.
 The native support works - at least with DirectX 7.0a. Yet  in  my  case  the
 best solution is turn them both off. *pondering*

I will try a new CVS checkout and see if the problem still occurs. If it does,
I hope (if you don't mind) we could try to track it down. What do you say?

--
So long, Matt   ]) matthew2k at web.de, GPG key available at public keyservers ([