wsprintf

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Sep 21 15:34:00 CDT 2001

Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> writes:

> Okay, so it's a slow news day, and I feel like stirring up trouble.

Bad boy...

> I would argue that it is, in fact, counterintuitive, to have this
> sort of comment solely in the change log.  The only time I ever think
> to look at a diff (or even the change log) is when something has broken
> recently.

Well, because *you* don't look at it doesn't mean it's not the right
place, does it? <g>  I look at the CVS history quite often, and I find
that in many cases it's the best way to find out why things are done a
certain way.

I don't see any reason to duplicate this info inside the code itself;
since we are using a source control system we might as well take
advantage of it. Plus it guarantees the info is stored permanently,
unlike a comment that may get moved or lost next time the code is
changed.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com