Regression: Wine won't compile with latest cvs shlwapi

Ulrich Weigand weigand at immd1.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Apr 2 18:57:19 CST 2002

Tony Lambregts wrote:

> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

> I talked to Lawson on wine-users and he says I should look at
> http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ (This link is about mostly about compiling a
> kernal but it applies to compiling wine as well)
>
> I have looked at it and tried most of the things suggested in it. I still stop
> in exactly the same place.
[snip]
> What do I need to do now?

If you can get cc1 to die with SIGSEGV reproducibly in same place,
then you have most probably found a compiler bug.

The first question is of course, which version of gcc are you
using?  Did you build it yourself or is it the one that came
with your distro (which one?)?  What is the output of
  gcc -v
  rpm -qf `which gcc`

Bye,
Ulrich