Removed sorting of registry key values

Paul Millar paulm at astro.gla.ac.uk
Wed Apr 3 16:13:11 CST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Andriy Palamarchuk wrote:
 [snip - Eric's info on why the registry has to be sorted]

> The tests show that values are exported in the same
> order in which they are created. This means the values
> are stored not in any particular order.

That doesn't necessarily follow ...

The export function(s) could map the sorted registry back into its
original order. At the cost of sizeof( void *) bytes per registry entry
(perhaps less, I haven't looked too closely at the registry code), you
could have the registry keys sorted (for fast access) and export back into
the original order in O(n)

Is it worth the memory for that level of compatibility?

----
Paul Millar