DeviceIoControl

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at skynet.be
Thu Apr 4 15:04:27 CST 2002

> > I'll add a check for the 0x10000 and 0x20000 bits, and will dispatch the
> > call to either a VxD or a device handler. Is that ok ?Can I use the same
> > VxD list as for (HIWORD(dwIoControlCode) == 0 ) ?
>
> I don't follow you, you only need the VxD list when the hiword is 0

I'm trying to implement support for a WDM driver (.sys). The driver registers
itself by calling IoCreateDevice with DeviceType set to 0xef00.

The user program calls CreateFile( "\\\\.\\MyDriver", ... ) and uses the
returned handle in the call to DeviceIoControl, with dwIoControlCode set to
0xef002407. The dwIoControlCode higword is not 0.

Shouldn't we have a handler list, similar to the VxD list in this case ?

Laurent Pinchart