DeviceIoControl

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Thu Apr 4 23:49:54 CST 2002

Laurent Pinchart a écrit :

> > > I'll add a check for the 0x10000 and 0x20000 bits, and will dispatch the
> > > call to either a VxD or a device handler. Is that ok ?Can I use the same
> > > VxD list as for (HIWORD(dwIoControlCode) == 0 ) ?
> >
> > I don't follow you, you only need the VxD list when the hiword is 0
>
> I'm trying to implement support for a WDM driver (.sys). The driver registers
> itself by calling IoCreateDevice with DeviceType set to 0xef00.
I don't think we should support loadable WDM drivers for now. So a hard
coded
table, as we do for VxD should be just fine. However, the internal
structures
may be reviewed, so we can install (but not load) devices with the right
device
types (in fact checking that the device type in the io request matches
the
type of the device)
A+