wine/objects text.c

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 6 04:13:13 CST 2002

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 11:51:12AM +0900, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> wrote:
>
> > On April 5, 2002 07:37 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > > Log message:
> > > Huw D M Davies <hdavies at codeweavers.com>
> > > Spout a FIXME if we try to call ExtTextOut on an open path.
> >
> > FIXME what? Is there some unimplemented functionality, or is it just illegal
> > to call ExtTextOut on an open path?
>
> It's completely legal to do:
>
> BeginPath(hDC);
> ExtTextOut(hDC, ...);
> EndPath(hDC);
> StrokePath(hDC);
>
> to get an outlined text output.

Yup, this is what Word 2000 uses to get the 'Outline' effect you can
select in Format->Font.  Wine doesn't implement it yet hence the
FIXME.  It would essentially mean writing another ExtTextOut clone
that gets the outlines of the glyphs and adds them to the path, as
well as doing all the other stuff that ExtTextOut does.

Huw.