winver

Rizsanyi Zsolt rizsanyi at myrealbox.com
Sun Apr 7 21:09:06 CDT 2002

Hi!

I have tried to run my program with --winver nt40. And it was ok

But when I started the program by the means of setup.exe (its the autorun
program on a cd which detects if the program is already installed, and
automatically starts it), then the program was not running like it had got
the winver argument.
It was looking for VxD only used in win9x mode (the output is same as if I
run it without --winver).

Interestingly I have also noticed that when I start the program through
setup.exe it is not managed, although I have managed mode set in
~/.wine/config

I think that the processes created by other executables get the hardcoded
options, and not from the configuration.

Also winver option in the config file would be useful.

Best regards
Zsolt Rizsanyi