Invalidation problems

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Apr 8 22:22:31 CDT 2002

People,

I think I can reproduce one of those ugly redraw problems.

The problem manifests itself in the Microsoft Control Spy.

This program looks like in figure
http://www.dssd.ca/wine/mscs1.png.

If I click on the Styles menu, I get a dialog like this:
http://www.dssd.ca/wine/mscs2.png

The two list boxes on the right display messages sent
to the control on the left. As you can see, when the Styles
dialog pops up, it hides part of the listboxes which keep
scrolling in the background.

Now, what happens is that sometimes, they scroll off with
a bit of dialog caption in them as shown here:
http://www.dssd.ca/wine/mscs3.png
!!!

Hope this is helpful to someone more knowledgeable in this area.

--
Dimi.