update to regression testing framework

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Apr 11 19:43:58 CDT 2002

Paul Millar <paulm at astro.gla.ac.uk> writes:

> Here's the rationale: when a test result is displayed (currently only on
> failure or success in a todo block) the file name and line number are
> included. If the test file is altered then any tests after the edit will
> have different line numbers. This makes these tests look like new ones: an
> undesirable behaviour but not too big an issue. Explicitly naming tests is
> a way of making the test results line-number independent.

I think it's much more useful to have line numbers, it makes it much
easier to find the offending test. Most tests scripts will contain
thousands of individual tests and you won't be able to come up with
meaningful names for them anyway. For the same reason, I don't think
displaying every successful test is really useful. Traces are a much
better way to see what's going on IMO.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com