Patch series for async socket IO & winsock2

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at fujitsu-siemens.com
Fri Apr 12 10:10:26 CDT 2002

Hi,

I will soon start submitting this week's work on async sockets.

As I said in yesterday's "good news/bad news" posting, this is work in
progress and far from being complete. However, I strongly need feedback
and perhaps some testing by adventurous people.

Anybody out there with an app that uses overlapped socket IO ??

However, the more basic parts can hardly break things, and do represent an
improvement against the current CVS version. Even the other parts
probably don't break apps, but I have not carried out extensive
regression testing so far.

Since the full thing would be too big, I have splitted it into functional
pieces that are easier to read. I will forward those parts that I consider
sufficiently robust to wine-patches.

Of course the back side of splitting the patches is that the later ones
depend (at least some) of the others. I have indicated these dependencies
in the headers. That's not beutiful but probably better than one big
chunk.

I will be extremely grateful for any feedback.

Nice weekend,
Martin

PS: As I indicated in my last posting, there is a lot of work outstanding
to make all of the winsock2 code consistent with this async IO
implementation. I see strange things in socket.c anyway, e.g. the select()
call that simply disregards all the wait mechanisms that are provided
in other places in wine.

If any of the original authors of this code read this message, I'd be
really happy to get in contact with you!!

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409