PATCH: accept-deferred.diff (5 in series)

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Apr 15 10:44:55 CDT 2002

On April 15, 2002 09:38 am, Martin Wilck wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> > > +    if ( lpCallerData || lpCalleeData || lpSQOS || lpGQOS )
> > > +        WARN ("unsupported parameters!");
> >
> >            ^^^^
> > Shouldn't this be a FIXME instead?
>
> I don't think so - there is little to fix on the part of wine.
> AFAICS the Linux network stack simply doesn't support passing of
> additional parameters along with a connection request.

But this is irrelevant. Wine is supposed to implement the Win32 API,
whether we know how to do it or not (on some platforms) is another
matter. But we should be vocal (i.e. FIXME :)) when we can not implement
all the features, this way people will implement them in the future,
even if this requires modifications to the kernel.

There are only few cases where WARN is the right answer. Most messages
are either ERR, FIXME or TRACE.

--
Dimi.