fixme:win32:PeekNamedPipe

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Tue Apr 16 13:02:06 CDT 2002

Michael Riedel wrote:

> Thanks for the hint, and yes it is a kernel32 function.

ok, then there's some work to do.

> fixme:win32:PeekNamedPipe (00000080, (nil), 00000000, (nil),
> 0x406a2194, (nil)): stub
>
> this means that at least a valid handle was created so that there is
> already some code for CreateNamedPipe or CreatePipe?

This means there's a stub. So, there's a placeholder with no code in it.

> Is there anybody knowing more before I am going to try looking into
> the sources?

I'm not more knowing about this function per se, I'm sure whoever else
wrote the rest of the named pipe implementation will know. But I do know
that you can do this to find the stub, and possibly the file that has
the other named pipe functions:

find (winesrcdir) -name *.c | xargs grep PeekNamedPipe

--
michael cardenas
lead windows compatibility engineer

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi