FW: Please educate me

Medland, Bill Bill.Medland at accpac.com
Fri Apr 19 10:59:25 CDT 2002

Thanks for the responses guys, but..

So why does "for" use spaces as the separator between the /sbin, the
/usr/sbin and the $PATH but $IFS while expanding the $PATH (which is using
:)?  (And how come configure used to work OK but doesn't now?)

(And, of course, it is configure.ac I will have to change so I don't get to
change how AC_PATH_PROG gets expanded, and using spaces to separate will go
against the documentation on autoconf)

Bill