ALSA driver

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Sat Apr 20 10:19:06 CDT 2002

> then, an ALSA final should be written. As the ALSA interface has greatly
> evolved between 0.5 and 0.9, the ongoing ALSA driver will need to be
> rewritten for ALSA 1.0 (aka final). Until Linux 2.6 is out, there will
> be no need for ALSA 1.0, as most of the current distros ship with either
> OSS or ALSA 0.5.

Sigh, Suse 8.0 just moved fom 0.5 to 0.9 - the Alsa developers regard
0.9 as more stable and having less bugs than 0.5. Why spend all that
time on an obsolete driver? OK, that is mostly the disappointment speaking
that I still won't be able to run wine with Alsa.

  Ciao
             Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know