ALSA driver

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Sat Apr 20 15:35:33 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 09:42:12PM +0200, Eric Pouech wrote:
> >   BTW, It's been quite a while that I'm using ALSA 0.9, so I can try to
> > port your code to it.
> ok, but keep both 0.5 and 0.9 inside and also protect 0.9 code when only
> the 0.5 headers will be available.

I don't think that this is the right way. IMHO, there should be one 0.5
and "current" alsa module for wine - they really have different apis.
They have common features and an almost identical name, but that's it.
It would be cleaner to copy you code completely into a separate alsa-0.9
( or current or whatever) module and compile and install it separately.

  Ciao
            Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know