toolbar.c problem

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Apr 23 12:30:44 CDT 2002

Rick Romero wrote:
> I hope it's not a coincidence, but unfortunately I don't know how you
> got to the point you did to fix it :)

Wasn't easy for someone with as little wine experience as me, that's for
sure :-)

Basically, fpga_editor actually had two different toolbars. The main one
did not work, but some sub-windows had a toolbar that did work. So I
traced the application in both cases, and compared what was different.
The difference was as I mentioned in the posting you linked to,
regarding the call of ReleaseCapture(). I could tell from the return
addresses in the traces that ReleaseCapture() was being called directly
by the application in the broken case, immediately before
TOOLBAR_LButtonUp(), but by wine in the working case.

 From that point, it was a matter duplicating the procedure in a more
controlled environment. I had just recently figured how to use
ControlSpy (for some listview bugs), and that turned out to be an ideal
testbed for this too.