minor regression testing patch

Geoffrey Hausheer i8e7fkwmsl1 at phracturedblue.com
Wed Apr 24 08:16:42 CDT 2002

Paul Millar wrote:
>               dwMajorVersion  dwMinorVersion  dwPlatformID
> Win3x+Win32s      ?                ?          VER_PLATFORM_WIN32s
>        Win95      4                0          VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS
>        Win98      4                10         VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS
>        WinME      4                90         VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS
>       NT3.51      3                51         VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT
>        NT4.0      4                0          VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT
>        Win2k      5                0          VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT
>        WINXP      5                1          VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT
>      WIN.NET      5                1          VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_NT
>
> So, NT3.51 and NT4.0 should both fail the above WIN98_PLUS test (as
> version.dwPlatformId != VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS). If the test is (Major
> == 4, Minor > 0) then this would include NT4.0, or am I missing something?

NT4.0 has a minor==0, so no, my test will not allow it to pass.
However, I was not aware of how dwPlatformID was defined (and I miscounted
parentheses in your macro).

I think the method you proposed would be more robust than the way I
implemented the check, but currently my method should work fine for all
availiable MS platforms.  Perhaps it would be best to make a test.h somewhere
and put all of these kind of definitions someplace so we don't need to
redefine them for each test.

I'm happy that someone is at least looking at my tests though :)

.Geoff