minor regression testing patch

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Wed Apr 24 20:06:15 CDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 03:58:36PM -0700, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

[...]

> Undocumented behavior should not be tested for unless an application
> depends on that behavior. Our goal is not to make a clone of a specific
> version of Windows but to be able to run Windows applications on Unix.

Wine will be a version of Windows of its' own, then.

> > I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill, and I'll just try
> > modifying my tests to work the way Alexandre proposes.  I'm just afraid this
> > is setting additonal obstacles for (non Wine) developers to write regression
> > tests.

The mountain/molehill might be this: an application checks for anomaly A.
It now "knows" it runs under Win95 OSR2 and then expects also anomaly B
present in Win95 OSR2. Wine might behave differently.
But in practice this might not be a problem. So I guess you're right,
we will deal with this stuff as it turns up.

--
regards,
Jakob Eriksson

The wages of sin