Memori and Swap Full after some hours

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Apr 25 13:16:45 CDT 2002

    Marcelo> I have a windows application run in a very old machine Pentium
    Marcelo> 133Mhz 32 Mb RAM (believes this still exist)

    Marcelo> The application running fine, but after some hours (3 or 4) the
    Marcelo> memory and swap are full and the machine run very slowly.  I
    Marcelo> Close the wine and all back to normal

    Marcelo> I dont know what are happen with system, but is a very hard
    Marcelo> trouble to me.

    Marcelo> Anybody have any idea to apply in this case

There is some resource leaking in wine or your program. Does the program run
for ours on a sililar machine when running under windows?

The easiest workaround  is to close and restart the application from time to
time. Is that an option for you?

But also try to find out what resource is leaking, if wine is the culprit.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de