Memori and Swap Full after some hours

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Apr 25 13:23:08 CDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 03:03:41PM -0300, Marcelo Welter wrote:
> I have a windows application run in a very old machine
> Pentium 133Mhz
> 32 Mb RAM
> (believes this still exist)
>
> The application running fine, but after some hours (3 or 4)  the memory and swap are full and the machine run very slowly.
> I Close the wine and all back to normal
>
> I dont know what are happen with system, but is a very hard trouble to me.
>
> Anybody have any idea to apply in this case
Ah, classical memory leak problem :-)

Unfortunately those are not too easy to find.
Try running with something like --debugmsg +relay,+local,+global,+heap,+virtual
in order to find out which part of memory gets allocated but not freed
any more.

Again, finding such a problem is a bit difficult.

Does that also happen if you don't do anything with that program for 3 or 4
hours ?
Or maybe it only happens if you do specific actions in your program ?
Try to narrow it down as closely as possible to some specific part.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.arcor.de/andi.mohr/