dragging trillian's window causes the X server to crash

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Fri Apr 26 13:36:13 CDT 2002

> from /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:
>
> Section "Device"
> 	Identifier	"Device1"
> 	Driver		"vesa"
> EndSection

WHAT??? why do you use the vesa driver and not nvidia's own driver?

Here's the same section on my Geforce 2 with nvidia binary only drivers

Section "Device"
        # no known options
        Identifier   "NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS (generic)"
        Driver       "nvidia"
        VendorName   "NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS (generic)"
        BoardName     "NVIDIA GeForce 2 GTS (generic)"
EndSelection

Please read the README which comes with the drivers (there are 2 drivers - the
GLX part and the kernel part) for the other modifications you'll need to
do...

The "Vesa" driver is only good for XFree86 free driver install (I think the
new "nv" driver in XFree86 CVS already support GeForce 4, but only 2D)

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=linux

Hetz