cups support apparently broken

Marcus Meissner marcus at jet.franken.de
Sat Apr 27 15:53:20 CDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 04:42:37PM -0400, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Apparently wine's cups support is broken.
>
> With our old version of wine, wine would correctly detect the current cups
> printer, but it couldn't actually print to it. So, you would see the print
> dialog, but when you hit the print button nothing happened.
>
> Now, I have cups installed and a build of yesterday's cvs and when I try to
> print wine tells me that there are no printers installed and I should "point
> to settings on the windows start menu, click printers" and add a printer.

Actually I just did a full recompile and I am still able to print.
(Tested using standard 32bit notepad.exe.)

What changed in the last time is that I have implemented PageSetupDlgW and
PrintDlgW, but these were just additions.

Are you still using the same test application? Did you compile in CUPS support?
(ldd winspooldrv.so shoud show libcups.so referenced).

Ciao, Marcus