[Help]: Notes Client on WINE with XIM (Chinese/Japanese Input)

leanne leanne at thizlinux.com
Mon Apr 29 22:51:16 CDT 2002

Mike McCormack wrote:

> Hi Leanne,
>
> Which notepad.exe are you using? As far as I understand, Wine has no
> support for X Input contexts at all, so I don't understand how you can
> enter Chinese text into Notes... perhaps Notes has it's own input
> method or you using an Xlib modified for multibyte support? Is your
> Wine-20020422 tree unmodified?

Hello, Mike!

Actually Aric and Ulrich helped a lot and they provided us the patch you
Codeweavers did for your clients and Aric has
gained permission to open the source.  Since he needs to clean up the
code, he suggested to let him post the patch when it's
done.

I used it to try for Chinese Input on Notes Client r6.  Unfortunately,
it only works on some controls.
When I want to type Chinese/Japanese on the mail content area ( do not
know what kind of widget it is),
it doesn't show properly.  I think it's a bug.  Could you kindly help?
Which segment of code I should trace on?

Very thanks.