default windows version

Insyde insyde at insyde.com.br
Tue Apr 30 06:39:05 CDT 2002

>There's no such thing as a default version ;-)
>Wine figures it out from the DLLs the program uses if no version is forced.

So why I get an error msg if I start with no parameters and all DLL from
win2k?
this is the error I got when I start with out parameters (which is the same
I have
when the child program is called):

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x400f164c "module.c:
loader_section" wait timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=021f

>Hmm, come to think of it:
>Unless we actually pass all wine cmdline parameters (--winver, --managed
etc.)
>on to the wine child process (not sure about that right now, I think we
do),
>the new process won't use the same forced winver value as the
>parent process uses.
>Is this a problem ? Should this info be passed to the wineserver to
>globalize it ?

Yes, if this happen it should be a problem. I think most people will never
face
it because their programs have only one executable. If you have a lot of
child
programs and need the version to be the chosen one then we need to send the
parameter to wineserver to start with that winver.

>Oh, BTW: I'll rename defaultWinVersion to cmdlineWinVersion.
>Much better name.
Yes, it really is.

Ricardo.