default windows version

Insyde insyde at insyde.com.br
Tue Apr 30 09:53:56 CDT 2002

Ok, it worked!!

Wine is NOT passing the --winver parameter to the child process.
So what I did (I know that's not right, but I needed this working):
Edit misc/version.c and changed line (193 of wine-20020411)
static BOOL versionForced = FALSE;
static BOOL versionForced = TRUE;

and line (194 of wine-20020411)
WINDOWS_VERSION = WIN31;
WINDOWS_VERSION = NT2K;

As I'm using NT2K DLLs, on a non-windows wine instalation,
I didn't copy any of the DLLs wine implements, maybe wine
can't guess what Windows version to use (no clue), just the DLLs
needed by the program to run.

Why don't use something inside .wine/config or wine.conf like
winver = "win98"
to set the environment we want to use?
If the user wants to override this he would use the command line
so force a different one.

If someone can help me, I would be happy to try to do it.

Ricardo.

ps.: but please be patient, I'm not very skilled with C. :)