Isn't 'make depend' optional?

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Mon Aug 5 03:44:53 CDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 03:46:42PM +0900, Bang Jun-Young wrote:
> I got the following error with wine-20020804 when I skipped 'make depend'
> before doing 'make':

make depend is indeed optional. Except for a few dozens corner cases
that I don't know all myself. Because I'm too lazy to find out about
all of them the hard way (or by really understanding the complete build
system) I usually do the make depend, just like the last lines of
configure say.

  Ciao
          Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know