wine + cvs + proxy = ?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Aug 12 06:20:43 CDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Fabian Cenedese wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'd like to stay up-to-date by using cvs on wine. Unfortunately cvs isn't able
> to go through a proxy if it isn't invisible, I can't enter the proxy info
> anywhere
> in cvs (confirmed on cvs mailing list). So I wondered if there is a better
> solution than to download the wine-snapshots and reinstall the sources
> every time. Does anyone have similar problems and maybe a solution?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fabi

You don't have to download the whole snapshot.  Patch files are
available at the same place, and patching instructions are in
<wine>/README.  I read the wine-cvs mailing list and fetch the
individual patch files through a proxy using wget -i.

I use this to extract the url's from the wine-cvs mail folder:

#!/bin/sh
grep Patch: /gp/pine/wine-cvs|sed 's/Patch:\ //g' > ~/wgets
mv /gp/pine/wine-cvs ~/cvslog/$(date -u -Iseconds)

You might have to adjust the filenames.  Mine are a bit odd.

and this to render the sgml into text:

#!/bin/sh
sed  -e 's/&lt;/</g' -e 's/&gt;/>/g' -e 's/&amp;/\&/g'

These patches apply with a -p 4.  They seem to be in order by filename,
as they seem always to apply in the right order when I cat them together
before piping them to patch.  Man patch is not such a bad man page.

Lawson
---oops---