Incomplete support in Win32

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Aug 12 21:52:05 CDT 2002

Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at sun.consumer.org.il> writes:

> I am pretty sure the way Windows implements this is by having a common
> parent function used for reordering by both ExtTextOut and
> GetCharacterPlacement. I think such an arrangment is awfully crude. I
> was considering an alternative solution, and would like your opinion.

I don't see why it would be a problem to have an internal function
doing the real work. As long as that function doesn't have to be
exported from the dll (but since both ExtTextOut and
GetCharacterPlacement are in gdi32 this shouldn't be a problem) it's a
perfectly reasonable approach. And it's much better than adding
internal flags to an exported API.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com