New user/developer has questions ...

Medland, Bill Bill.Medland at accpac.com
Fri Aug 16 10:28:47 CDT 2002

That's your mistake.  You shouldn't export it.
reg_convert_win95_registry_to_wine_format actually reads the files that
store a Win95 registry (the actual files, not exports).

> fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
> <NOTE - I assume this is a FIXME in the SRC>

True

> err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
> "/mnt/windows/windows/Fonts/desktop.ini" err = 55
> <NOTE - This file exists in the proper location so what is the error?>

I don't know the font stuff; someone else maybe will help here.

> err:font:AddFontFileToList Already loaded font L"Garamond" L"Bold"
> err:font:AddFontFileToList Already loaded font L"Garamond" L"Italic"
> err:font:AddFontFileToList Already loaded font L"Garamond" L"Regular"
>
> err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
> "/mnt/windows/windows/Fonts/modern.fon" err = 2
> err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
> "/mnt/windows/windows/Fonts/mtsorts.ttf" err = 2
> err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
> "/mnt/windows/windows/Fonts/roman.fon" err = 2
> err:font:AddFontFileToList Unable to load font file
> "/mnt/windows/windows/Fonts/script.fon" err = 2
> <NOTE - These files exist so why are they able to be loaded?>

> X Error of failed request:  XF86DGANoDirectVideoMode
>   Major opcode of failed request:  136 (XFree86-DGA)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  22 (XDGAOpenFramebuffer)
>   Serial number of failed request:  181
> <NOTE - What does this indicate?>
>
> I am trying to come up to speed on the use of WINE but, as
> everyone knows,
>  the documentation is a little light
> as is the commenting of the source code.  If someone could
> please head me in
> the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Once I have gained some additional expertise in WINE I will
> use my 15+ years
> of Windows development experience and knowledge
> to try and resolve some of the issues and bugs that are
> reported.  This may
> take me several more weeks.
>
> I am also intending to write a technical book on WINE so will
> submit chapters
> for review to the community as the become available.
> Much of the information will deal with the issues the I, as a
> newbie, am
> encountering.
>
> I await the response.
>
> Crispen Scott
>
> BTW: I downloaded the source for 20020804 and, after fixing
> several build
> related problems (incorrect build order, root objections, &
> eliminating
> programs with build problems I couldn't readily resolve, i.e.
> widl), I had
> even worse problems with trying to get that version of wine
> to run. That is
> why I reverted to the latest RPM version.   Some of the
> problems with the
> 20020804 build might be resolved after I see the answers to
> the problems I
> stated above.
>
> I am excited about becoming an integral part of this
> community but need some
> start-up help!
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Crispen Scott
> Engineer - Software
> Astronautics.com
> 4115 Teutonia Road
> Milwaukee, WI 53209
> Tel: 414-447-8200 x4434
> C.Scott at Astronautics.com

What is your environment; you shouldn't have had all those build problems.

Bill