--dll buggy behaviour ?

Raul Dias chaos at swi.com.br
Tue Aug 20 17:26:15 CDT 2002

Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>Raul Dias a écrit :
>>
>> Is it possible that the --dll command line argument is not
>> valid for subprocess/forks from the lauched process?
>>
>> Or is it a feature ?
>it's aa feature
>the --dll option is likely to disapear (as is it for now), and will only
>be supported thru registry settings, on a per app basis
>(the --dll switch may remain as a temporary setting of those registry
>entries)
>
>what you're looking for is provided by setting the proper DllOverride
>information under
>HKLM\\Software\\Wine\\Wine\\Config\\AppDefaults\\<appname>\\DllOverrides
>
>where <appname> is the name of you app
>
>HTH
>
>A+

Ok,

change everything in config:
<...>
[DllOverrides]
"comctl32"     = "builtin"
"commctrl"     = "builtin"
<...>
[AppDefaults\\acmsetup.exe\\DllOverrides]
"comctl32" = "builtin"
"commctrl" = "builtin"

and I kept --dll commctrl,comctl32=b

ie5setup.exe does load the builtin version of comctl32.

Later on, ie5setup launchs acmesetup.exe.

Now acmesetup.exe loads its own comctl32 no matter what.
The problem is that I don't have commctrl.dll (native),
so it will fail.

[]'s
Raul Dias