OpenGL ICD

Jurgen Van Gael jurgen.vangael at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Aug 20 18:33:04 CDT 2002

Hi everyone,

I am looking into implementing opengl based on MesaGL for the reactos
platform. I am currently looking into the possibility of hardware
accelerating opengl but it seems microsoft has stopped spreading around
it's ICD (installable client driver) documentation. Steven edwards told
me marcus meissner of lionel ulmer might be able to help out here.

First of all (maybe wine people won't know the details of this), if I
get my hands on one of those, would that pose a legal risk on the
reactos project. (They used to be distibuted to anyone, last year they
were pulled of the MS website)

Second of all, if using ICD documentation wouldn't be a problem, has
anyone lying an old copy around?

As microsoft will be open sourcing some of their protocols, there is a
chance this might be one of them.

Any other comments on planning to implement opengl?

Jurgen